positive home communication


I don't know about you, but as a newer teacher, parents make me super nervous. I know I'm have the experience and training to know what I'm doing, but still - I get super nervous and self-conscious whenever I have to interact with them. I also despise talking on the phone, and will do almost anything to avoid it (but I'm working on it! This year I plan to make more phone calls!). As a way to increase my communication with parents, I designed these postcards to send home. They are positively framed, as I believe it is super important to discuss student successes with parents often.

I pick a few kids and send these home weekly or daily if needed. My kids always get so excited when they get one, and it really helps build my relationships with their parents because they know that I care about what their kiddo is doing.

This has really had a positive effect on behaviour in my classroom, as kids feel valued and know that I am watching what they are doing. I also don't have to worry about any of these notes going "missing" on the way home, because they are so proud and excited to show their parents. :)


I print them on cardstock (they come 4 to a page) and double side them (with short-edge binding) so that the lines are on the back of the page.



This product is available here: 


If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns let me know! I'd love to have suggestions on even more postcards to add! 

No comments

Back to Top